Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Experience with Kindle

Amazon's Kindle is a wireless reading device. I bought one of the first, and it arrived nicely boxed in a white box similar I suppose to a book set. It is a convenient size, smaller I suppose than a typical trade paperback book. There is a decent manual and I found it relatively easy to figure out. I had ordered a book online, and it arrived quickly and painlessly. I have sub-normal visual acuity, and found the text enlargement feature easy to use and very helpful. The format is good, and I am enjoying my first book. The online market for added materials is also useful and easy to use. The wireless connection seems to work well.

So far, this is really a nice addition to my life. I am looking forward to having my library online rather than in the bookcases littering my house.

No comments: