Monday, March 08, 2010

Internet Access a Human Right



Results from a new poll of more than 27,000 adults across 26 countries done for the BBC World Service.

Comment: I guess I agree that Internet access should be a human right, although I recognize that for billions of people that right can not now be provided, and I recognize that most people who have Internet access don't have as much access as I do with FIOS connectivity.

I wonder whether I am not more worried about cyber attacks than the things identified in the second bar chart. How vulnerable are our power grids, transportation networks, health services, and other vital services going to be in the near future to malicious attacks from enemies. Most people don't recognize how much our societies' critical institutions are coming to depend on the Internet. JAD

No comments: