Monday, March 31, 2003

IRAQ: RELIEF, RECONSTRUCTION, AND RESORATION

I don’t think I have anything useful to add to the Blogs on the war in Iraq. Certainly I don’t know how to say anything within the context of “Knowledge for Development” on the war.

I have turned my attention to issues of humanitarian relief, the reconstruction that I hope will soon follow the fighting, and the restoration of that which was destroyed and can be restored. I hope that these processes can be completed in ways that will lead to and enhance the long term social and economic development of Iraq and its region, and the ultimate reduction of poverty.

I have been seeking to build links to information and knowledge resources useful in those efforts on the Development Gateway, which has Iraq: Relief and Recoverya new “” page. I invite you to visit, and indeed become a member of the community building and using that page.

No comments: