Thursday, September 21, 2006

Pope Again Clarifies Remarks About Islam - washingtonpost.com

Pope Again Clarifies Remarks About Islam - washingtonpost.com:

"I wished to explain that not religion and violence, but religion and reason go together,' he added, drawing applause from the crowd of about 20,000."
Pope Benedict XVI


Still I wish that the Pope would apologize for an action that he should have known would plaster an obscure quotation all over the world, a quotation that was legitimately seen as a terrible blasphemy by Moslems everywhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds as if the Pope had the right intentions, but his execution left a lot to be desired. I'm being diplomatic here. I'm a Christian and people are always saying negative things about christians, and about Jesus my Lord. That's just the way things are. Christ himself was nailed to a cross, so why should I think that no one should say anything negative about him? I wonder why the Muslims are so sensitive on this issue? I hope that dialogues can be opened up between Muslims and Christians. The times of Holy Wars should be over. We can respect one another's beliefs - I hope. We can agree to disagree. Can't we? The answer to that question will define who we are now and in the future.