Friday, November 23, 2007

Rumi: Wit and Wisdom


“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

“Observe the wonders as they occur around you. Don't claim them. Feel the artistry moving through and be silent.”

“All day I think about it, then at night I say it. Where did I come from, and what am I supposed to be doing? I have no idea. My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.”

“He is like a man using a candle to look for the sun”

“Everyone sees the unseen in proportion to the clarity of his heart, and that depends upon how much he has polished it. Whoever has polished it more sees more - more unseen forms become manifest to him.”

“Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.”

“Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi
Persian Poet and Mystic, 1207-1273

No comments: