Monday, June 22, 2009

Support the Iranian People

I have changed the address on my Twitter account to Teheran to help confound efforts to block Iranians using the site to organize protests against the election.

I fully support the Obama decision not to have the U.S. government comment on the election, both because I don't think the U.S. government is likely to have good information on the election and because I don't think any comment from the U.S. government would be useful at this time.

I also fully support the Obama statement that peaceful demonstrations should not be met with government violence nor forceful repression.

On the other hand, as an individual I can not but believe that millions of people do not go out on the streets and put themselves in danger to protest without strong cause.

No comments: