Friday, March 26, 2010

Quotations: Benjamin Franklin


  • A learned blockhead is a greater blockhead than an ignorant one.
  • Admiration is the daughter of ignorance.
  • An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
  • Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
  • For having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged, by better information or fuller consideration, to change opinions, even on important subjects, which I once thought right but found to be otherwise.
  • Genius without education is like silver in the mine.
  • If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him.
  • Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
  • Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
  • The doors of wisdom are never shut.
  • The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance.
  • We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.
  • Where sense is wanting, everything is wanting.
  • Who is wise? He that learns from everyone.

No comments: