Thursday, January 12, 2012

An important choice for me and my neighbors in April


Donna Edwards
I have been redistricted, and am now in the sixth Congressional District of Maryland. Instead of Donna Edwards who represented me when my house was still in the fourth Congressional District, I am now represented by Roscoe Bartlett. Donna Edwards is a young, active, liberal Congresswoman who has done a great job of representing me. Roscoe Bartlett, at 85, is the second oldest member of the House of Representatives and a member of the Tea Party Caucus.

The primary election in Maryland is scheduled for April 3, 2012. That will be an opportunity for the Republicans to choose a candidate more in line with the policies preferred by the people of Maryland. It will be an opportunity for the Democrats to choose a candidate who may defeat the Republican candidate in November, and who may better represent the people of this district and Maryland.
Roscoe Bartlett

Apparently there are the following candidates for the Democratic nomination for the District:
Rob Garagiola from his job as State Senate Majority Leader


It is not clear from what I can find on the Internet that Mark Shriver, a member of the Kennedy clan who currently has a senior position in Save the Children, will actually run. If he is, I would guess that he and Garagiola will be the leading Democratic candidates. Garagiola seems to have strong performance at the state level and be an effective campaigner.

No comments: