Sunday, November 10, 2013

Rob Ford, the musical



Like a lot of people, I have been interested in the saga of Toronto mayor Rob Ford.

Visually he reminded me of the Harkonnen family in the movie, Dune. They were the red headed family of villains who were trying to take the planet of Dune away from the hero and his supporters. I am not the first to think of that connection, as the following image taken from Google Images indicates:


But look at Ford:


Doesn't he call out for John Goodman playing him on the big screen?



Watch Ford in video form:




For me, he calls out for a performance like that of Charles Durning as the politician in O Brother, Where Art Thou? Incidentally, You Are My Sunshine is associated with Jimmy Davis, the former governor of Louisiana (that has had its own colorful politicians).

No comments: