Thursday, September 15, 2011

New Ranking of Universities


I was just looking at Academic Ranking of World Universities, 2011. I was pleased to see that the university that granted my BS degree was ranked as high as 13th in the world, the one that granted my MSEE was ranked second, and the one that granted my PhD came in number 46. In Engineering, the schools that granted my engineering degrees were ranked 3 and 28. All five of the U.S. universities in which I have taught are in the top 100 in the Americas.

Of course these are reputational ratings for universities in their entirety, and my experience may not compare as favorably as the numbers indicate. Still, with some 4000 institutions of higher education in the United States, those ranked in the top 100 are all probably pretty good.

No comments: